Thursday, October 19, 2017

All Is Never Lost

If the Lord...


Seen some of the best of my times, seen some of the worst of my times, but remembered my God through all of my times. There have been times that I have had to repeat my mantra of living, "If the Lord..." When I do that, I remember that someway, somehow, God will make everything alright. I never let myself give up on Him completely.

When my back is against the wall


And it seems that all I held dear is gone


I remind myself that I am not alone


That the Lord has the power to pick


Me up from my fall


As with faith and hope, Romans 8:28 I  recall.



Through It All


When I thought that I had lost my all, He showed me


My everything in the plans He had made for me


He reminded me that it is with limited vision that I see


And proceeded to show me just that in


The subsequent things that He let be.



"Cain't" Tell It All


The Lord is my Constant.  I cannot tell you all that I would about my Lord, but suffice it to say that I have never lost "all," as long as He has been the head of my life. Cannot tell you all that He has done for me. But I can tell you that He is my Rock of Ages, my Rose of Sharon, My Balm in Gilead.  He is my trailblazer when there seems to be no way out.

In short


He is my all in all


He has heard and will continue


To hear my trembling and feeble calls


And I can stand here and say that


Because He is my Constant


I have never lost my all.


I had not planned to do a poem for you this morning, just a bit of prose, but the Lord deemed otherwise.

Don't Quit 
By Edgar A. Guest (1881-1959)?


When Things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill...
Don't quit.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment