Wednesday, April 25, 2018

You See! I Told You

My husband is out of the hospital with a new regimen to include a new attitude about exercise, late eating, and portions. He learned a hard lesson, but he is still on this time side of life. The nurses said they did not understand how he was still coherent and functioning. One nurse said that if she had had a blood sugar as high as his was, she would have been passed out on the floor! Word got around on the floor about this man who had had the high blood sugar, and who was coherent the whole time. Some folk shook their heads with wonder and said that they didn't understand.

But


You and I know what happened, don't we? You are right. It was nothing but God. I hear preachers say all of the time, "It ain't over until God says its over." Whatever the reason for the scare, it has made a difference in my husband's attitude about life and about how precious each moment is and in his attitude about food and exercise.

And


We, too, realize that life has changes built in and that we must adapt to them. It is like our bodies send us different signals as we age than it did when we were still teenagers and young adults. You know what one of the messages is, "Take care of me now, or you will take care of me later." Or it could be phrased this way, "Take care of me now and I will take care of you later."

Yet Again


Our body may be saying, "This earthly house that you have inhabited for so many years is wearing out. I'm giving you some signs which may be

  • spryness in your step leaving until it gradually becomes nothing but a shuffling push

  • the windshield is not as clear as it once was (vision has become cloudy and not nearly as sharp)

  • strength in arms, hands, and wrists begin to wan until you need various size wrenches to open jars

  • the covering for your head thinning and becoming silver (making you think about the silver cord that holds you to this plane)

  • thinking of what the other side is like occurs more frequently than it used to and more frequent thoughts about "getting your house in order so to speak."


Let us all do our best to get and keep our house in order so that when that "one day" does come we can ease into it with peace and not with trepidation.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Grateful Carr-Jones

And to my young folks, formulate good eating habits that will help to take care of your body, the house that you will live in throughout this life.

I told you when my husband first went to the hospital that I would turn it all over to God. I never stopped my blog, nor my work for the Lord. I sold several books while my husband was in the hospital because people would come by and chat and the conversation would eventually lead around to the Lord. People always gravitate toward what will make their faith stronger. Apparently, they needed the words that I said trying to make my husband, our visitors and myself feel better.

I see it all as part of God's plan. What did I tell you?

He sees, He knows and He cares!!!


Whatever you do and wherever you go; don't forget that!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment