Tuesday, March 13, 2018

When Thunder Roars

When Thunder Roars


It thundered last night


 And the rumble was so loud


That I wondered if it were the


Approach of a funnel cloud


Because I could hear the rumbling as it got near


And it inspired, in me, awe and a bit of fear.



Awe because the God I serve was responsible for it


And fear because of the sheer force of it


As it seemed to rumble along the ground


And seemed to cause the very air to vibrate


Like a mighty "sound quake."



After I thought for a few seconds, this


Is what I said to myself


In times of sunshine and in times of rain


God is faithful, just the same.


(Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8, KJV)


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment