Monday, July 23, 2018

Timber Close

There is an old song that talks about sending up timbers. You can go to YouTube and hear it. It will bless your soul. I named this post today, “Timber Close.” One of the things that that phrase meant was praying to God. Are you Timber Close to anyone? That means that you pray for them. Remember the “...prayers of a righteous man availeth much.”

I said it once and


I’ll say it again


You can’t be close to God


And neglect your fellowman.


Who, besides your family 


Did you pray for today


Did you pray for the sick


Or homeless, jobless, and orphans


And anybody else that needs


Help along the way?


 

The bigger the shoes, the harder they are to fill


So be sure to pray for the one who wears the shoes still.


********


Have a good night and it is still not too late to pray for your fellowman.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Jones

Christian Author & Poetess

No comments:

Post a Comment