Monday, September 17, 2018

Be Still

When you learn that having faith in God and waiting on Him pays off, your faith will grow and the waiting becomes easier.

On yesterday I told you that there are times in life when you have to hold on to what you already know or have seen God do in the lives of people and in your own life. There is a scripture that comes to mind that reads as follows:

Be still and know that I am God...In the earth. (Psalms 46:10, KJV)

Having my belief shored up by meditation and prayerful studying, I went to worship to praise the Lord God for all that He has done and will do in my life. Yes, indeed, I opened my mouth and sang to the rafters about His goodness in making a way for us all due to the great love that He has for us. And you know what? I left the worship service with spirits that were soaring.

And... later in the day, are you ready for this? By days end, my mouth had been opened in dazed wonder at His goodness! I, I, I  could barely fathom the great blessing that He had extended to my family! Long afterward, when I had calmed down sufficiently to think coherently, the mouth of my brain was still gaped open! My last thought on this post this morning is this; "Oh how sweet it is to be loved by the Lord God because He makes a new word and changes the impossible to HIMPOSSIBLE!  (No I cannot take credit for the word coinage of Himpossible. I saw that on a Facebook post and decided to use it.) But it is so fitting of the way that the Lord steps in and works for His children, don't you think?

Please enjoy this poem from my book, Chopping My Row:

When Your Load Gets Heavy


When your load gets heavy,


When your feet get worn,


When your sou gets weary,


When your eyes get tired


Of shedding tears because


Of darts that have been fired


And theca of life in which


You find yourself mired,


Keep stepping, in Jesus name.


Remember He sees; He knows; He cares


And only "mustard seed faith" is required!


*********


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,


Alma L. Jones

Christian Poet & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment