Monday, November 16, 2020

Everyone



 

God said, everyone
That includes you
That includes me
That’s just the way it is
And the way it’s going to be,
For those words will judge you
At the end of time and
As stated before, fellowman
The book of remembrance is open
And ever vigilant, too
So that all deeds done in this body,
Each one of us will have to answer to.©️


(Based on Acts 10:28-35 and 11:14-18)


********


 
Acts 10:28-35 NASB

28 And he said to them, “You yourselves know that it is forbidden for a Jewish man to associate with or visit a foreigner; and yet God has shown me that I am not to call any person unholy or unclean.

29 That is why I came without even raising any objection when I was sent for. So I ask, for what reason did you send for me?”

30 Cornelius said, “Four days ago to this hour, I was praying in my house during the ninth hour; and behold, a man stood before me in shining clothing,

31 and he *said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard and your charitable gifts have been remembered before God.

32 Therefore send some men to Joppa and invite Simon, who is also called Peter, to come to you; he is staying at the house of Simon thetanner, by the sea.’

33 So I sent men to you immediately, and you have been kind enough to come. Now then, we are all here present before God to hear everything that you have been commanded by the Lord.”

34 Opening his mouth, Peter said:

“I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality,

35 but in every nation the one who fears Him and does what is right is acceptable to Him.

 

Acts 11:14, 18 NASB

14 and he will speak words to you by which you will be saved, you and all your household.’

15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them just as He did upon us at the beginning.

16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’

17 Therefore, if God gave them the same gift as He also gave to us after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God’s way?”

18 When they heard this, they quieted down and glorified God, saying, “Well then, God has also granted to the Gentiles the repentance that leads to life.”

 

Vaccine coming soon, so hang in there a bit longer.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment