Sunday, May 7, 2023

To My Young People

 To my young people 

It’s going to get better

Some generations have to be stronger than others, it seems

Some generations as children had to contend with world wars

Instead of playing with toys

Now, the age of not feeling safe in your classrooms, 

No more carefree times at the mall…

Threats of climate change catastrophes

And/or the emergence or reemergence 

Of some dreaded disease

Has caused young years to be replaced

By seemingly unfair adult like tears

Due to unnatural occurrences 

That have given rise to faith destroying fears…


Don’t despair; it’s going to get better 

You ask me how I can say this

How do I know

I come telling you about my best Friend

Who my Momma introduced me to

A long time ago

If life has called upon your generation to be strong

Talk to GOD in prayer 

And watch Him turn your thoughts 

Away from despair

And deliver peace to you then and there.


Yes, like Joseph in the Bible and David, too

Your carefree days may be through

Because GOD’s next leader

Is somewhere among you.

But, I don’t want you to despair

Because this old soul who was once young like you

Can tell you, young folks 

Our great GOD, The CREATOR of this world

Loves you and will bring you through!


So, what am I asking you to do?

Keep loving, praying and trusting

In Him and you will see that

Just like He did to that old Covid Virus

He’ll wipe out your problems

And bring you right on through!

You ask me how I know

That’s easy enough

I started praying when I was just a kid

And now I stand a seasoned warrior 

Telling you about the miraculous things

That GOD, Our FATHER did!


So, keep praying or start

My sweet little innocent souls

And you will one day be like me

And brag on Him as He brings you through

And molds and holds you with tenderness 

As He allows your dreams to come true.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment