Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A Prudent Wife

[caption id="attachment_736" align="alignnone" width="300"] One Such Effort at Being a Prudent Wife - Christmas Covering for Bed[/caption]

It Is Written


Proverbs says, "A prudent wife is from the Lord." As a woman and wife and mother, that is something that I have always aspired to be. But my desire to be prudent did not start when I became an adult and wife and mother. Way back when I was a little girl, I heard a Bible verse read in Sunday school and it has stayed with me since. The verse was James 1:5 which says:
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

A Gift


Began from that moment to beseech the Lord for wisdom and He answered me. Though I did not know it at the time, I was to use that wisdom in all lives that I touched. I, at times, astounded my teachers, my mother, other adult family members and even myself. Most of the folk back then thought that I was "smart." That was the term for a child that studied hard in school and made good grades. Made fairly good grades, but I did not study. Did not have to. If I heard or read something once, it just stayed with me.

But, sometimes I would come up with some profound thing that made my mother do a double-take. Ha, ha, when I became an adult, my mother and I laughed about some of the things that I came up with as a child. She told me that when I looked at her and bucked my eyes, she did not know what was going to come out of my mouth. Some of the old folks said that I was an "old soul." What they meant, I don't know and I was too afraid of getting into trouble to ask when I was a child. And those folks are gone now. But, I think that it meant that I had some wisdom.

Why Talk About It Now?


Now, why am I mentioning all of that to you this morning? I am mentioning it so that you will know that God answers prayer. And to show you that you can ask for wisdom, too. When you get your wisdom, be sure to use it for His glory. Husbands, dads, granddads, uncles, etc. you can likewise use your gifts to show love to a child or another in need. Guidance is always needed by children and everyone benefits from kindness.

Not Just In My Writing


People have asked me from time to time, how I come up with the things that I write. I tell them, "It is not me, but the glory of my Father shining through me." To sum up what I am saying this morning:

Maybe you have been given the gift of being good at something. Then, use it for the glory of God and for the instruction of others, especially children. Use the gift that you have been given in whatever way that you can. If you can do a thing well, then donate some of the profits or time to a charity, children, etc. You could find a child that you want to help and become an anonymous donor to his or her schooling. Notebook paper, pencils, coats, socks, shoes, birthday presents, etc. are all things that children need. or you could help someone anonymously on their utility bill during the winter months. I know that I certainly would have appreciated it if that had been done for us when I was a child. But, then I would not have the charcoal bucket memories. (See "W.O.W. created w.o.w.," pp.  34-39)

Now you know why I do what I can while I can and am trying to leave no stone unturned in the process. I am trying to help my fellowman in love because the Lord loved me first. He loved me enough that He is preparing a place for me and is coming back for me.

One Day


One day, one day, I will get


To walk those streets of glory


But until then I will walk this


Land and tell my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment