Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Count on God

Another Day I arose to see
Thank You, Lord, for blessing me...


Cold came creeping in last night


While I was snug in my bed


And I awoke to a fall chill


But I got up because it was Your will.



I plopped my happy feet on the floor


And I said, "Thank You, Lord, for one day more."


So, as long as You give me breath


I will lift my voice in song and praise


As thanks to You, Lord, I raise.


You told me in Your word that I could always count on You. And You have shown by interceding in my life that I can. That is why I want to tell the world that I know that I can count on You. Tell the world that I am a living witness that when times got dark and chilly for me, You kept me.

So I want to say to you brother and sister


That when things are dark don't despair


Just go down on Your knees in prayer.



Remember that Jesus gave His life for You


And He would not have done that to leave


You all alone with the various problems


That He already knew that you would go through.



Even Though


That means that He knew the sins way beforehand that we would commit. But, in spite of the times that we have let Him down, He has always been, always been faithful. He is still letting us know that we have a God, Who we can count on.

If you have disappointed yourself because you feel that you have let Him down, don't despair. Ask for forgiveness and keep walking for Him. Keep telling the world that you have a God you can count on and let His glory shine through you.

Dark Times


When you have dark times in your life, don't forget that we have a faithful and loving God that we can count on. Therefore, don't you let Him down now by giving up. He sees, He knows, and He cares.  You just keep that hope that is within you and thank Him beforehand for the victory that He will bring you to. And then you tell Him, that even if He doesn't deliver you, you know that He is able. Those words were uttered by the Hebrew boys when confronted by the king and his fiery furnace. And you see the result that they got. Though they got thrown into the fiery furnace, they came out not even smelling like smoke. We have a God that we can count on. So, praise Him, even in dark times because morning's coming, the sun will shine, and the chill will be gone.

I'm Glad I'm His Child


Sometimes I get so filled up with praise that it flies from my heart to my fingertips. The poetry was bursting to come out so much that I had to just intersperse this blog with bits of it. Woo! When you are His child, He will give you gifts to use in glorifying Him in your walk as His witness. So glad, so glad that I am His child for I can count on God. Aren't you glad to be His?

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Jones

1 comment:

  1. This truly is very inspirational to me. Another day I rode.. Love it And the dark times is right on time.

    ReplyDelete