Thursday, November 23, 2017

Because of You

The Praise Goes to You


Because of You, I made it. You did not look


Upon me as just a piece of dust


To me, it seemed that You celebrated my


Life and about me made a fuss.


Never had a birthday party to celebrate the day that I was born


But I have You, loving Father, Who, made me know that


Upon my birth, there was a mission handed down


That meant that I was to talk and write about Your glory


And Your love anyplace I happen to be and mankind can be found.


I don't do the things that I happen to do just because I am me


For I do what I do because of a heaven-sent decree


And this little speck of dust is thankful that You blew within


This body of mine words of comfort and encouragement for all men.


********


 

You Do All Things Well


I am so glad that when You numbered the hairs of the heads of Your children, You did not stop when You came to me. You did not run out of patience when You came to this little piece of clay. You did not run out of lovingkindness, justice, and righteousness. I'm so glad that You took the time and measured in a little more grace and mercy. I'm so glad that You remembered that this little piece of clay is willing to serve You and that You remember still, the desire that I have to work for You. You remembered me in my youth and you continue to remember me now. I'm so glad that You still allow me to feel productive as I attempt to ready the next generation for service in Your kingdom. I am so glad that in all You do, You continue to remember, even me.

A Prayer Offering this Thanksgiving Day


Lord, I have allowed my blog readers to join me in a prayer of thanksgiving to You this morning.

 
Humbly we all bow and ask you to hear this prayer as if it is from the most sincere place in each of our hearts. We ask that you receive our thanks and praise this day.Father, the Creator of all things, we want to say, "Thank You." Thank You for every blessing, mountain, hill, and storm that we have had in our lives. Thank You for giving us the understanding that when You said that You were faithful, that You really meant that You would never leave us floundering in this world alone. Thank You for the patience in teaching us that. Thank You for extending the hospitality and availability of your throne to us. Thank You for allowing us to even serve you. Thank You for continuing to remember that we are but dust, even me.

We trust you to bless us individually according to the needs in our lives as we continue to live for You.In the name of Jesus, we pray. Amen

********



 

Thank You for preparing a place






That I will one day get to see




Thank You for being mindful



Of this speck of dust





Even me.


Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Alma L. Stepping On Jones


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment