Saturday, November 4, 2017

Shored Up

 

His lovingkindness shored me up when
It seemed that I was destined to fall
Like He did for Joseph, David, and others
Of my Biblical sisters and brothers
He heard and answered my plaintive call.



What Time Is It?


This Sunday morning I got to sleep an hour later, so I got up with a bit more spring in my step.  And I am thankful for that.

I am going through a myriad of adverse things at this juncture in my life. But I am being shored up by my God's love. Whatever, it is time for in my life, He is there for me and with me. I can't thank Him enough for the enveloping presence of His guiding love. He is so good, and I wanted to tell you that. I realize that most of you know that, but allow Alma to add her voice to the hallelujah chorus, and we all can sing to/of His glory.

Gonna Be Sending Up Some Praise.


When I get to the worship service and the song service starts, I close my eyes as I open my mouth and emit praises to my God. I like to sing it so loudly that the people around me sing with just as much fervor. He said, "Where two or three are gathered in My name, I will be in the midst."

And I love it when the songs almost take a singing of their own and seem to flit from corner to corner, light to light and heart to heart. Sometimes it reminds me of a roller coaster that has gotten up to full speed. And then we coast around the turns and up and down the bars of the songs. If you don't know what I am talking about, then when you get to worship this morning, involve yourself more than you usually do. You will be surprised as you pray along with whoever is praying and sing along with whoever is singing at the joyous peace that will be yours.

Just try this, close your eyes when you sing and imagine that you are talking to our Father only. Your song will be sweeter than it has ever been before and more fulfilling. And you will go on with your life with the added assurance that He sees, knows, and cares about all things that are happening to you in your life. Why, because you are His.

Have a blessed day in the name of our Good Lord.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment