Friday, January 12, 2018

A Care Package, Indeed!

You know from reading this writer's blog through the years or her last two books that a care package means the receipt of a gift from the LORD. You receive HIS gifts daily as you are given life and salvation through HIS Son, Jesus. But, reference is being made today to that special little or big blessing that you receive just out of the blue! Well, Alma is over the moon because she feels that she realized just such a blessing yesterday. That blessing that threatens to shake you out of your shoes or to knock your socks off with its magnitude is the kind that she thinks she received.

Now you may not perceive it as such, but since it was Alma's blessing, she can perceive it in any way that she wants to. Right?  Uhm, hmm-m.

Four incidents will be presented to you. You decide if you think these four occurrences were or were not special care packages. Okay?

  • Case in Point #1 - These words were said to Alma three weeks ago, "Alma! Girl, this book is great! I take it with me to the doctor's office, and anyplace else I go. You know that I take different ones around and as I am waiting for them I take out my book, and I read it. I have my little pad and my pen and my highlighter, and I am reading, taking notes, and highlighting. I tell you, Alma, I was working so hard and so engrossed in the book that I did not see my rider come up to the car. She had to tap on the window to get my attention. When she got into the car, she said, 'What book is that that you are reading that had you so engrossed that you did not even see me coming?' Alma. I told her the name of the book, and she replied, 'Oh, you read her books? Is it that good?' And Alma, I told her what the book had done and is doing for me. I told her that it was just a really good read and she would just have to read it to find out for herself. Alma, I must have done a good job of explaining it because when I finished she wanted to know where she could get her one. I told her to just go to Amazon, and she said she was. But I didn't call to tell you all of that; I just called to let you know, girl, that you have done yourself proud with this one. And I am proud to say that you are my friend!"


That was case in point number one. Now, if it had happened just by itself, you might say that Alma was being a bit fanciful in thinking that this one episode meant very much in and of itself. But, read on to case in point number two and see what you think.

  • Case in Point #2 - Here is what Alma was told on another occasion about one week after case in point number one, "Alma, thank you very much for your book. I am enjoying it very much. It is my night reading every night before I go to sleep. I keep it by my bedside. It is a great book, and I'm sorry it took me so long to get around to it. It is that good."


You would think that maybe Alma would start to wonder or at least begin to connect the dots since these two cases in point refer to the same book.

  • Case in Point #3 - The next incident with the book happened three days later. Alma was in conversation with a friend when a lady walked up and said, "Excuse me, Alma, I don't mean no harm, but you are going to have to hurry up and write the next book to Chopping to Chopping My Row. I am almost finished with it, and I  will be ready for the next one!" The lady who said this did so without first even making any kind of greeting. After Alma looked at her so shocked, she sheepishly said, "I'm sorry, I did not even say hello. How are you doing Alma? But, we really do need that book, okay?"


By this time Alma had begun to wonder what was wrong with people. She thought that some people surely could be rude. But, it was what she wanted, to have people read her books and enjoy the way she tried to portray her love for the LORD and mostly HIS love for mankind.

  • Case in Point #4 - On this occasion, which occurred yesterday, Alma was having a conversation with a friend on the telephone. Here is what the friend said, "Hey girl, look I don't have much time, but I wanted to tell you a couple of things about your book. First of all, I do not read inspirational type books. I just don't. They are usually too hard to understand or are too boring, etc. It is just not my thing. But, this book, I take with me everywhere. When I am riding in the car, I have the book. I am always reading waiting for what is going to happen next. I went to a ballgame the other night, and I had the book. And I have had several discussions with people about this book, my husband included. Well, gotta go, my friend. Just wanted you to know! Bye."


This is the case in point that got Alma's attention. This phone call had come from a woman that Alma had long held in high esteem. Alma was wowed! She thought to herself, "Oo-we-e, look at what GOD has done!" Then she uttered this prayer:
Lord,  YOU sent me a huge care package. You have sent me several with regards to my writing and I thank YOU. This one has grabbed my attention because of the avenue that you sent it through. You had several people to compliment me on the book,  "Chopping My Row", and I, or course, told them that the glory belongs to YOU, as it does. But when this lady, along with the others that had gone on and on about the book, added her sincere compliments, It got my attention. And I want to say, Thank YOU, LORD. To YOU be the glory forever and ever and I will shout my message loud and long from whichever mountain you place me upon! In Jesus' name.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment