Saturday, January 6, 2018

Know What It Is Like

Learned a lesson that the world tried to teach me a long time ago


But I internalized the learning and never let the world know


That it had scored a big hit with a wound that ran deep, in fact so deep


That even after the wound healed, the scar was mine to keep.



That wound from long ago taught me that only on Jesus I could depend


To have my welfare uppermost in His mind and to keep me safe


Until I reached my earthly journey's end.



But because I internalized the lesson that I learned so well


Different faces over the years have tried to teach me until they could tell


That I had learned what they felt like I needed to know


Tsk, tsk, they just did not perceive that I already learned


That lesson a long time ago.



The lesson that they were trying to teach me is one


That I learned pretty much from the start


But the lasting application that I took from the lesson


Was that Jesus knew me better than any woman or man


And that He judged me from what He found in my heart.



So


What is being said to you? Though you know what it is like to be picked apart by the world, you don't allow that picking to determine who you ultimately become. Now that you have determined to better yourself as far as your actions and reactions to your fellowman, rest assured that you will be bothered with a new wave of lessons. But don't let that deter you from your goal of moving toward positivity and the human good.

Here's the Thing


Whether those lessons are motivated by jealousy, envy, hatred, or misplaced concern, they all still tend to keep you where the proverbial "they"think you belong. Excuse, please! Only the GOD of ALL CREATION determines where you belong. And furthermore, in your new quest of self-betterment for the benefit of your fellowman, you have the Lord's approval and attention. So whatever you do, as you continue your journey into the year, keep moving forward. GOD sees, knows and He cares. And never forget to BYDWP (Begin your day with prayer.)

Note: You know, it could be that the things in you that the world seeks to eradicate are the very things that the Lord uses to move you to here-to-fore unknown heights.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment