Monday, January 8, 2018

Somewhere Out There (Cont.)

[caption id="attachment_1063" align="alignnone" width="156"] He Proved His Love.[/caption]

This is the conclusion of the post from yesterday that dealt with, "Broke, Busted and Disgusted!" The last line from yesterday was, "Somewhere out there, there might be somebody who has been helped by this post." "If I Can Help Somebody as I Pass Along..."

Why Love Stuff?


You have in the paragraph above, the reason that I do what I do. I told you that my intent for this 2018 is to show more love to my fellowman. Why? This is my soul mission as I follow the Lord's commands and "love my neighbor as myself." Make no mistake about it, I do love me, so in doing so, I have to love you, too. It is as simple as that.

Formats of My Love


Been working on loving you for a good long while, in fact, most of my life. But that loving has taken different formats over the years. When I was a child, I tried to divide everything I had in half with whichever cousin or friend I happened to be with if I found a nickel. The above is an example of the kind of thing that I would typically do as a child.

In college, I helped by writing some papers and themes for some of my classmates according to the outlines that their instructors would give them. Again, typical type of thing that I did.

After I began teaching, I utilized my caring and nurturing skills to get my students to learn to love learning whether it was in a book or involved learning to "love self." (Again, typical.)

While working as a helpmeet in the ministerial field, I worked on getting the flock to love Jesus and one another more, while my husband carried on the work required of a minister.

After I retired from teaching and my husband retired from full-time ministering, I poured my love for my fellowman into my writing. I adopted as a motto something that I often said to myself, but had never voiced or written, "Doing What I Can, While I Can." Later on, I added the phrase, "Because I Care" to my motto of life.

So


And that is how I became known as Grammy Alma from Grammyalma'scorner.com. I have my little space on the web, and I write and write and write on. And that is why you have three books of poetry and one general life lesson book that is suitable for all but catered to ladies:

  1. Chopping My Row - Ladies lesson book

  2. W.O.W. created w.o.w. - Poetry book built on the principle of the love of GOD

  3. AVIA - Poetry book that understands

  4. DEI Sub Numine Viget (Under GOD's SPIRIT, She Flourishes) - Poetry book a little more detailed in the difficulties of life.


 

All of the books written above were to say to you, that:


Jesus loves you and showed it, too


For a Someone Who gave His life for you


What are you, fellowman, willing to do?


 

Me? Now you know why I do what I do.


For 2018, in this first month, we are working on love


Love of self and love of our fellowman


Just loving mankind, the best way that we can.


If I have helped just one somebody today, my day has not been in vain...

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment