Friday, February 9, 2018

A Set Time Every Day

Let’s start today’s blog off with an example from the movies. You have seen those old mafia movies where the mafia boss’ word is a law unto itself. No one willingly crosses a mafia boss, right?

So, in our scenario today let’s say that a man is at the end of his rope and is close to giving up. His wife and two-month-old baby will be evicted from their apartment in three hours. There is a shelter that they can go to, but not as a family. Joey B. is a family man and vowed when he married his Stella to always provide for her. There are no close family members left. They are on their own. Then a friend from his childhood says to him, “Joey B, I know this guy that might be able to help you. I mean, what you got to lose, huh?”

 

At the Mafia Boss' Office


Yep, you guessed it. Joey B. goes to see this mafia boss, and the mafia boss says to him, “What’s the problem, Joey B? I knew your old man from back in the day. He was a square guy who kept his nose clean.” Joey B. tells the mafia boss his problem, and the mafia boss says, “No problem, Joey B. I will take care of it.”

 

Because the mafia boss was a man of his word, the eviction never happened, and Joey B. got a regular job as maintenance supervisor at a new factory and moved from the basement to a bigger apartment so that there was a bedroom for the baby.

 

Joey B. was fortunate in that his father had been such a square guy that the mafia boss liked, huh? He knew someone who was powerful!

 

POWER


Uh hum-m-m, well WHO do you think is more powerful, JEHOVAH GOD or some mafia boss? Exactly! That is my point! You have access to the most powerful POTENTATE that has ever been or ever will be. And HE loves you.

 

You really should read Hebrews 4:16. In that scripture, the Lord says to you, (and I am paraphrasing,) “Do you, oh child of MINE, have a problem? Tell me about it. You can approach MY throne at any time, and I will hear your request and take care of you. But you have to be faithful to ME, and you have to ask. I know how to take care of you because I created you. Do you hear ME? You are MINE, and I love you more than you know. Always remember that. Now, what’s your problem?”

(I did take poetic license with this passage, but the meaning is very clear. You have a FATHER, WHO sits on the throne of Heaven and all HIS resources are available for supplying your needs. Folks, it just does not get any better than that.)

 

So


When life has your back against the wall, you just keep praying and believing.

  • God will work things out for us if we keep our faith intact, no matter what our enemies plan. No matter what state we are in, in our lives, we must never forget to pray. Have a set time to pray every day. Read the poem below:


 

Do you do your best talking to Jesus in the


Wee hours of the morning before the break of day


Me too, don’t know what it is about that time


But it is then that I can articulate best what I want to say.


It is easy for me to approach His


Throne at that early hour


So, that I can bask in His love and in


His infinite sense of power.


                                        -excerpt from Chopping My Row


 

********


 

No matter what we are going through


Begin your day with prayer and peace of mind


Is what you will find.


 

Hebrew 4:16 - Know this scripture and put it into practice. I can never get enough of the knowledge and the experience of prayer because the more I learn, the more I yearn.

 

Are You a Worrier or a Prayer?


I told you before that I have always been a deep thinker and that I spent 30 years as a teacher. Yes, if you guessed that I had my students thinking deeply you are correct. I did indeed teach my students to become deep thinkers, for which, I still get “Thank You’s” to this day. And you know folks, all I was doing, was performing my job by teaching my kids to want to learn by teaching them to love to learn! You did not hear me, so I am going to say it one more time. I taught my children to want to learn by teaching them to love to learn.

And I have been trying to do the same thing for you. Say what! Yes, you heard me correctly. Teaching you to want to pray by teaching you to love to pray. Not for all of you because some of you are way ahead of me and I applaud you. But for the sake of the others, stay with me as I break it down to them, okay?

Driving the Point Home


How many of you have something on your mind that is worrying you? Sometimes as we are struggling to live this life down here, situations get to be too much for us, and we feel like we cannot do it any longer.  News flash! Worrying about it will not make it go away but praying about it sho will.

My advice to you is to seek to get close to HIM because when you get close to the Lord, you will find that that closeness nourishes your soul and you will find yourself snuggling up to Him more and more because to know Him is to love Him. You will find yourself receiving nourishment from your prayerful study of His word and your daily presence before His throne, for you will become a person who wants to pray because you have learned to love to pray. Here’s what you do:

  • Start your day off with Him. Don't wait until your life is a mess before you go seeking Him And don't seek Him later in the day after you have gotten to work or taken care of pressing needs, etc. Don't relegate God to the fringes of your life. When you meet a cherished friend, you don't ignore them until it is convenient, do you? No, you don't; so don't do similar things to our Lord. Okay? If you will put Him first, He will be near at all times. This is what I have found to be true through the years.

  • Make sure that your life is free from sin. Always keep yourself in a condition that you not only can pray for yourself and others but that you do it.

  • Thank Him for His lovingkindness, justice, and righteousness. Remember that I told you that He delights in these things. (Jeremiah 29:11)

  • Don’t forget the scripture that says that the “Prayers of the righteous availeth much.” (KJV James 5:16) Use the members of the church to help you through your Johnson grass or stormy times. Though they are chopping rows of their own, they will come together to help you if you ask. You are all in the field of cultivating souls, and they are working right alongside you.

  • Address the Father with thanks for previous blessings.

  • Ask for the building up of your faith daily as you begin your day with prayer.

  • Ask the Father for what you desire.

  • Ask in belief.

  • Ask in Jesus’ name.

  • Give your prayers power by showing love and praying for more than your family. Pray for the church leaders and the preacher, too. When was the last time that you prayed for the less fortunate, the church leaders, the church as a whole and the church worldwide, world peace? (James 5:16) Remember in Luke 8, Jesus was moved with compassion because of the multitude and their need.


If you can feel the love through this blog that I have for Him, good! Dear one, you feel that love because He first loved me and asked me to love you, too. And so I do. John 13:34-35,

 

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

You have set time for eating every day, a set time for going to work, a set time for watching television, etc. In fact, you have a set time for most things that are important to you. Then, you ought to have a set time for prayer. Begin your day with it. You will be glad that you did for you will find out that HE knows how to take care of you better than you do yourself, in spite of the fact that you have been living as you all of your life. (tee hee) Not so surprising, HE knew you before you were even, you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment