Sunday, February 18, 2018

Up and Running

(Had computer issues, but all is okay for now.) Just like a virus or what-have-you can attack your computer system, the machinations of mean-spirited people can do much the same with your Christian life. Without the avenue of prayer, where we keep in touch with our God and are reassured of His love, we might do like my computer did for a moment and just shut down. BUT, when we are well-grounded through prayer, we can react just the opposite way of what the world thinks that we should. Here is a poem to illustrate how an unexpected reaction to mean-spirited people brought about a positive result.

Uh Hum-m, I See




I see your trouble that you are going through




And I heard about the traps that people set for you




Yet, I see your nonchalance and am puzzled about it




And by the smile that continues to grace your face




I'm  baffled by your continued air of unflappability




No matter how much is hurled at you, you refuse to give place




To the retaliatory attack that I would have launched




I would have delivered blow for blow and punch for punch.





Well, I will go ahead and read this scripture (Psalm 46) 




That you have marked out for me, but it ain't




Gonna change what I would do, if I were you, to the people




Who are sabotaging your job and bothering you




For if I were in your shoes, I'd give them their just due.





I would let them know that I am not a person to be trifled with




And that I give as good as or better than I get




I would make them think twice about tangling




With me again because I am a force to be reckoned




With and everybody know that if you mess with me




Or mine, that I am coming after you is a safe bet.





Honey, I would set a trap so big that they...huh




Say what, well I will read that scripture but child




Okay, okay I am going to read it right now




But don't think you are going to make me a namby-pamby




Like you because I have been trained to get people off of me.





Uh, okay so I read the scripture, and all I can say is that




 If I had a Power like that on my side, I'd not enter another fray




Because I would know that He would handle the




Business and come out winning on any given day.





Okay, you have another passage that you want me to read




But I don't see why because this Psalm 46 has everything




Covered that a bothered child would need.





Oh, I see what you wanted me to grasp




This God of yours fights for you and has made plans all along




To take care of you in all of your trouble and right every wrong




And I see how He tells them all to leave His children be




And laughs (Psalm 37:13) at what they will reap when He brings His calamity.





Okay, so tell me how I can get Him to be on my side




Come on tell me, buddy, in your good friend confide




For I am listening hard because I don't want to take




A chance of living another day without the difference




In my life, this God of yours can make.

********

Points to Ponder:




  1. Although the situation in the poem above is fictitious, you never know how your non-retaliation may affect someone's life in a positive sense. And yes, it pays to remember that it is all being written down.

  2. We are epistles read of men. (2 Corinthians 3:2, KJV)

  3. And, as always, BYDWP.

  4. And lastly, remember that it pays to be "up and running." It benefits you as well as your fellowman.




No comments:

Post a Comment