Wednesday, April 11, 2018

An Attitude of Gratitude

It is so easy to become obsessed with things that do not go as we would like for them to in this life. But what the myriad of things that do? Do we take them so much for granted that we overlook being grateful for them? That is easier to do than you think.

Case in Point:


I started writing in a journal well over twelve years ago. When I started writing, I had no idea that my journaling would end up with me doing a daily blog and subsequently several books! I just had no idea. But, God did! He knew of my love to help my fellowman, so He got me ready to do a daily blog and to write several books by starting me on journaling.

So


I am thankful for my journaling and my writing. But, most of all, I am grateful to God for His love and His equipping me for this writing journey. I am grateful for the myriad of thoughts that He keeps me fed with.

I made a list of 21 things that I am grateful for. I gave you four of them in the paragraph above. Those were my number one, seven, nine, and my number 16 things to be grateful for. Yes, you are correct in guessing that God was my number One.

Now


What would your list look like? You might be surprised when you make it. You will find, too, that when you list things that you are grateful for that you will think about the reasons that you are grateful for them. When you think about those reasons that you are grateful, you will be even more grateful for them. Being even more grateful, you will dwell on your blessings that you have in hand and not on what you want, want, want. I mean; let's face it; for most of us, there is always something to want.

Gratefulness is what we should be mostly about and not what we want. Now, don't get me wrong, I am grateful. I have just decided to take it to another level because doing so gets me closer to my God.

Enjoy your day, and we will discuss being grateful some more on tomorrow's blog if it is the Lord's will.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

NOTE


Will be part of a book signing with the Ken-Ten Writers at the Graves County Library in Mayfield, Kentucky, this Saturday, April 14, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment