Friday, April 6, 2018

Not Because I'm the Best

Not because I am the best speaker


That has ever spoken a word


And not because I am the best songbird


That you have ever heard


Not because I am the best writer


That has ever penned a book


But because He is the best and


My sins on Himself He took.


There is something that you will see


When you take a good look at me


You will see a nobody


That puzzles you a bit


Because you cannot figure out how I


Manage to do several things well


And seem never to tire and never quit.


I will tell you, folks; you see me do what I do


Because I am working for a crown


And that is why you will see and hear


Me encouraging others whenever I am around


-encouraging them right along


Either thru speech or the words of a song.


And that is why I will be singing snippets of two songs on tomorrow afternoon at the Songfest that is being held at Old Fulton Rd. Church of Christ, Martin, TN. (See flyer on yesterday's blog or my Facebook page.)

I realize that the faith that I display might help someone to embrace the Lord or another one to remain strong. So come on out and be lifted up in song as we tell our respective stories of our love for and our trust in the Lord. It promises to be a treat.

Somebody said, "What! Mrs. Alma, you mean that you sing?" To which I replied, "He didn't say that I had to be the best, He just requires my best. And that, I freely give."

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment