Tuesday, June 26, 2018

From Time to Forevermore

I gave my heart to Jesus for keeping, a long time ago


I had no idea of just how quickly the sands of time would flow


Bringing nearer thoughts of my passing to the other side


That it won’t be as long  as it has been for sure


And the day and hour approach rapidly when it will be time for me to leave


 Exactly when that day and hour is, is not given for me to know


But, I do know that when I depart, there will be loved ones left to grieve.



I will have to tell them now, not to weep for me when I am gone


Because trouble, frustration, heartache, and sorrow will have, at last, been forced to leave me alone


And I will be skipping with saints from days long gone by


And strolling the streets of gold in that City built in the sky.


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,


Alma L. Grateful Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment