Sunday, June 10, 2018

Hurt? Disappointed? Don't Understand?

 

That’s alright. Take it to Jesus. Leave your hurt, disappointment, and your "why" with Him. This blog today was placed on my mind to help you today if you are wrestling with pain, disillusionment, or perplexity about your situation.

 

As you might know, I decide each day what I am going to write about, unless a topic needs several days to finish.  I remember something a good friend said to me several years ago. “Everything happens for a reason.” Those words became my lifeline and they will yours, too if you let them.

 

Today is the Lord’s day and, as such, is a day that we need to go to worship. What better way to let go of your hurt, disappointment, and perplexity than among people of faith in worship service? When they sing, you sing, too. When they pray, you pray, too. Have a reverent, prayerful attitude during the worship service.

 

Hurt


Do you think that you are the only person who has been so hurt badly that you just know in your heart that you will never be “whole again?” I can assure you that you are not. Words penned about Job, about David,  and so many other Biblical characters attest to this fact. And so does this pen of mine. But, what do we all have in common? Exactly! The faithfulness of God.  1 Corinthians, chapter 1 verse 9, Psalm 89:8, Isaiah 25:1, 1 Corinthians 10:13, Hosea 11:12, and Deuteronomy 7:9 all talk about the faithfulness of God

I stand here today to tell you that the hurt will heal and the pain will go away. And as far as never being whole again, you will be. However, you will not be the same again. (Sometimes we have to go through trials, tribulations, let downs, etc. to come forth as pure gold or as vines that have been pruned by the Lord. John 15:2, KJV) You will be better, and you will use those lessons to help others just as I am doing for you today. Blessed one, you will be okay if you keep your hand in God's hand.

Disappointed


Disappointments come because we have our minds set one thing and then something else happens. Remember those words that I painted in the color green back in paragraph one? Take them to heart and know that, "All things work together for good for those that love the Lord." (Romans 8:28) Hold on to your faith and trust Him to work things out. (You would do well to get a copy of my book, Chopping My  Row, from the library and read the section on storms. If your library does not have a copy of it, maybe they will order a copy for you or if you will send me the address of your library, I will be glad to gift them a copy.)

Don't Understand


Our minds are not the minds of God. His ways are higher than ours as are His thoughts. I used to wonder why certain things happened to me until I read the 38th chapter of the book of Job. I don't wonder anymore. I just trust in Him and I keep that green statement from above among the uppermost thoughts in my mind, and I keep stepping.

You see, I don't understand how and why a bridge holds me, but I trust it to do so. And never let it be said that I have more faith in a bridge than I do the God of Heaven. I have learned to trust Him in all things and to know that there is a reason for everything that happens in my life, be it good or be it bad. I enjoy the good and thank Him for it. I ask His help in making it through the bad while praising Him and thanking Him for the good that is in my life and for my ultimate deliverance by a faithful God. And then what do I do? Yep, you got it. I keep stepping.

Be blessed and have a soul-reviving time in worship today. God loves you, and so do I.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Grateful and Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment