Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Glorious Wednesday

Good morning! Yesterday was the day of my birth. I did not do anything special on this day. I simply took it as my day and did pretty much what I wanted to within reason and finance.   My mother often told me that I was the little girl that she had wanted so badly. Well, she was granted a baby girl who looked just like her twin! People often told us that.

Memory Lane


Y'all know that I like to, every once in a while, take a stroll back down memory lane. Walk with me, if you will, as I begin my perusal with my first memories, those of myself as a toddler. Life for me was pretty routine for a little one who was the only girl and the apple of her daddy’s eye. I remember some things that happened, even at that age. My mother often exclaimed to me that I couldn’t remember certain things because I was just too little at the time they happened!

But I Do Remember


I remember my Momma showing me my daddy going into a house down the road. I remember the resulting row that followed when he did come home. (I was only a year and nine months old at the time.) Nevertheless, I remember.

I remember running to the house across the road that had a dirt floor screaming because I thought that daddy was going to kill Momma. (Of course, he wasn’t; he just took the axe away from her.) And yes, I remember my daddy raising his fist in a threatening motion to stop my brothers from crying and screaming because “Daddy was fighting Momma.” I remember my Daddy picking me up and shushing me gently to quieten my sobs and eventually to stop my crying. -(to be continued tomorrow)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment