Friday, July 6, 2018

My Gift

God sent me to earth with a valuable gift
The ability to dream and to give folks' spirits a lift
Many people have had a go at me


And try though they might


The Lord did not allow this intrinsic gift


To be removed from my embattled sight.




So


If I helped you once or many times, down through the years


Perhaps by making you laugh or by wiping your tears


It was my appointed duty to do so


And it is with joy that I see that you are remaining steady as you go.



If


If you have been and are one of the angels sent


To cross my path or stay a while to keep me


Focused and shored up regarding my life's intent


To you, I say, "Bless you and thank you and I


Make mention of you often in my talks with the God of eternity.




When


Each time that you run across me


The  continuous working on my dreams of motivating humanity


Is what you will see


As I look to the hills toward my destiny.


********


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Grateful Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

"The dream you gave me, Lord, I tried to keep," is what I  say to my Lord, ere I go to sleep.


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment