Monday, July 9, 2018

Yesteryear

Here of late when I look back over my life I think, "Oo-wee, look at how far the Lord has allowed me to come!" Then I say, "Thank You, Lord. I am grateful for not only what You have done, but for Your allowing me to see your bountifulness at this moment in time."

Then


Y'all, I remember a moment back in time when I was 18 years old. I was traveling on the Continental Trailways Bus. As I rode down the highway on my way back to Memphis,  my hometown, I remember thinking that when I got to Memphis, I didn't have to collect but one piece of luggage, yep, one footlocker.

That was the sum of my worldly possessions. In that footlocker were my two dresses, my school shoes, and a pair of boots that I had bought with my work-study money.

I had several thoughts back during that time, but the thought that remained uppermost in my mind was the fact that the one footlocker was all I owned in the entire world.

Now


Fast forward several years -


I'm sitting in the living room of my modest three bedroom home pinging away on my computer as I do this blog post for you. As I take a glance out of the window, I can see the U.S. flag that hangs on the front porch waving in the air as the breeze causes it to rise and fall. I look at the petunias in the flower bed in the middle of my front yard and am glad that they come back every year. If I take a stroll out of my back door, I will enter the garage that houses two cars.

As far as clothes and shoes, let's just say that I have some for every season and leave it at that,

So, I have been blessed, and I know it. Have I had troubles, problems, etc.? Yes, I have, but I am focusing on being grateful for God's bounty in my life.

In A Nutshell


Yesteryear I had a footlocker; today I have two children, a husband, a home, and two cars. But, you know what? I had God then, and I have Him now. He carries me still. And I...I'm grateful for the favor He has placed on my life. (sniff)

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I  Care,

Alma L. Grateful Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment