Thursday, August 9, 2018

In Good Hands

Yesterday was a rather solemn day for me as it was my Momma’s birthday. R.I.P. Momma, sweet lady of my heart.

Now to get back to the statement that I left you with on Tuesday:
“Let everything that hath breath. Praise the Lord.” (Psalms 150:6, KJV) Have you really thought about what this scripture means?
Well, let’s take a look at this scripture with reference to the type of people we ought to be. But first, here are four more scriptures that I want us to consider.
Psalm 93
The Lord reigns, He is clothed with majesty;
The Lord has clothed and girded Himself with strength;

Indeed, the world is firmly established, it will not be moved.
2
Your throne is established from of old;
You are from everlasting.

The two verses above tell us that the Lord is in control; He is majestically clothed and is girded with strength. That says to me that whatever comes up, He is prepared to deal with it. It further says that He has been dealing with this world, His creation before time began. In other words, He made it. That should cause us to leap for joy folks because we know that He was, is an always will be. That is what the words "from everlasting" mean.
Psalm 96:10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
10
Say among the nations, “The Lord reigns;
Indeed, the world is firmly established, it will not be moved;...equity.

Again, this verse tells us again that God is in control and that the world cannot be moved because it is firmly established. We are being assured again so that we can know Who we serve and how powerful He is.
Psalm 95:3-6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3
For the Lord is a great God
And a great King above all gods,
4
In whose hand are the depths of the earth,
The peaks of the mountains are His also.
5
The sea is His, for it was He who made it,
And His hands formed the dry land.

The above three verses simply tell us that the entire earth and its depths, the mountains with their tall peaks and the sea are all His because He made them all. So we ought not to worry about what people threaten to do to us or to this world. Again, God is in control.
6
Come, let us worship and bow down,
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.

This verse says to me that since we already know that the earth is the Lord's and that He is our Maker, we belong to Him, too. Therefore we should be a people most humble and prone to praise our God for His love and wonderful works.
Psalm 96:11-13 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
11
Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
Let the seas roar, and all it contains;
12
Let the field exult, and all that is in it.
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy
13
Before the Lord, for He is coming,...faithfulness.

At the beginning of this lesson today, I quoted a passage of scripture that suggested that everything that has breath should praise the Lord. The first time I ever read that scripture, I thought it was talking about all races of people, but now I don't think so. You see, verses 11-13 above say that the earth, the sea and everything in it, the field and all that is in it and all of the trees of the forest will sing for joy. Did you get that, folks? The things that we think of an inanimate are going to sing and rejoice at the coming of the Lord. If those things can do it then you know that we should be doing it, too!
That is the kind of people we ought to be.
So, when somebody tells me not to praise him, I chuckle to my self and I keep praising. If the trees can at His coming, then I have sense enough to do it now. That scripture really wowed me, folks. Trees are going to sing! Trees! What manner of people ought we to be?

********


“I Clap My Hands


I clap my hands and praise my Jesus


In spite of how you look at me


So I don't know what he has done for you


But I know what he has brought this child through.


I have traveled over many a weary mile


Over much treacherous terrain


He has stayed my fears and guarded my ways


And let the world know that I am his child.


So when I clap my hands


With your looks, don't censor me


For I praise my Lord for all he has done


And will do, on my continued walk toward eternity.


Hebrews 11:13


1. Define treacherous, terrain and censor.

2. Is the speaker bothered by how the world perceives him/her?” (W.O.W. created w.o.w.)

********


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
AlmaL. Carr-Jones
Christian Poet & Author

We sing and praise because we already know that we are in Good Hands, God's hands. There is so much more that I could say on this subject, but’s I will let that wait until perhaps another day. Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment