Saturday, August 11, 2018

Showing Some Love

Today when I awoke, I awoke with a feeling of extra love and gratitude. Because I am so grateful for God’s goodness in my life, oftentimes I will do something kind for someone. As you know, sometimes I prepare a meal for a bachelor minister who has been on the battlefield a long time.

Well, he recently got out of the hospital and I know that nothing makes you feel more special than having a home cooked dish delivered to your door. So, today I made one of his favorite desserts, banana pudding. I sent my husband over with the dish and fried chicken as well. He already had his vegetables, so my food was right on time.

When I lie down to sleep tonight, I can think that I made someone happy today other than my family, you know? All of us have things that we can do to help to lighten someone’s load or brighten someone’s day.

Here’s his banana pudding. Have a bite.



Yes, I did make one to keep at home, as well. :) Be blessed.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Jones

Christian Poet & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment