Saturday, September 8, 2018

Falling Leaves

Another season is preparing to enter in
And as God allows this old world on its axis
To continue to spin
There have been some changes in some lives
That has left a hole that will never be filled again
Because one of the pieces of the puzzle is missing.


So, I speak from the lesson that time has taught me
I learned that the tears would dry and the pain would leave
And I would manage to go on, though a different person
Because I learned to grieve
Because one of the pieces of the puzzle is missing.


But through it all, the Lord brought me
And He took away my heartache
And my loneliness relieved
And left in its place a thing I truly believe
"I will get to see my loved one again
And the reunion will be just great
Because the hole will be filled and that special
Piece of the puzzle will no longer be missing.


********


Seasons come and seasons go
And one of these seasons will see us
Grace the other side, you know
And that is okay because it is to be expected
So, let's all do a good job and do our best
As we do God's will and continue chopping our row.


Doing What I Can, While I Can, BecauseI Care,

Alma L. Jones

Christian Poet & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment