Friday, September 7, 2018

Hello, Special!

Good evening, folks. I hope that you had the pleasure of having a happy Friday. Here is a little something that I wanted to remind you of in the event that you didn't. If you don't need reminding today, then keep today's thought in mind for when you do.

Why Special


I called you special because Jesus loved you enough to die for you. But that is not all. We talked several days ago about the ministering spirits that He sends forth to aid us. But there is still more. Here is something that you may or may not have known. Jesus prayed for us before we were born! I know that is mind-boggling, isn't it?
You are probably thinking, "How do you know that? And if you are going to say that it is in the Bible, show me where it is written." Okay, okay, hold on, I had planned to do just that. In the book of John, chapter 17, verse 20 we read these words:
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; (KJV).

If you have given your life over to Him and believe the words written about Him in the Bible, then Jesus was talking about you.
These words were prayed before Jesus was ever crucified. He knew that His kingdom would be established and grow. This prayer says to me that He was preparing for us way back then. You see, I told you that you were special. Uh-hum-m.

And, Too


And don't forget that we are told more than once in the Bible that He intercedes for us as He sits on the right hand of God. (Acts 7:55-56; Romans 8:34; Colossians 3:1; Hebrews 1:3; Hebrews 7:25; Hebrews 10:12; 1 Peter 3:22)

So


Always bear in mind that He was mindful of us before we were born and is ever mindful of us now. That, my friend, wraps me in a cocoon of assurance when life gets to be a bit much. What do I do? I tell myself, "He sees, He knows and He cares."

 

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Jones

Christian Poet & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment