Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Well Done

When I was teaching school, I always looked for the stars in my pupils' eyes when they first entered my classroom. I looked for those stars midyear and again at the end of the year. It was always heartwarming to see that despite the rigorous work schedule, the stars remained as bright as ever in the ones who came to me with stars. But along with them, there shone stars in eyes that had previously been jaded or dulled before they came to my class social studies. The eyes that shone with a renewed love for learning are the ones that kept me going year after year.

So


As a Christian, when I can shore up someone's faith and renew hope where hope has died, that is the thing that keeps me going day after day. You see, if I can do that then I know that I will hear my Father say, "Well done." It is the hope of hearing those words that keeps me going day after day. I have a reward that I am working for, folks. It's as simple as that.

Think About It


There is a place that is being prepared for me where the wicked will cease from troubling and the weary shall be at rest.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

AlmaL. Jones

Christian Poet & Author

No comments:

Post a Comment