Saturday, April 25, 2020

A Fixer

 

When I see a situation that is troubling, I tend to want to fix it. I guess I am what could be called a word fixer. Isaiah says it best when he refers to my gift as having the right words. See scripture below:

Isaiah 50:4 Contemporary English Version (CEV)

4 The Lord God gives me
the right words
to encourage the weary.
Each morning he awakens me
eager to learn his teaching;

Now, I don't wonder anymore as to why people seek me out to talk to me about their problems or why I feel driven to attempt to say the right words at certain times; why I feel driven to write poems for certain situations in honor of people who have made a great contribution to the church, whether locally, nationally or globally.

Having said that, you now understand why I feel driven to speak about Covid-19 as I did on my Twitter feed today.

 

I am the way that GOD made me

And I do try to give it my all

So, when I wake up, whether

In the wee hours or no

I write to try to place thoughts

On your heart for you to take

With you, each place that you go.

Yes, I know I have a job that

I have been assigned to do

And I take that job seriously because

One day, reckoning time will come due.

And I want to be able to say that I

Tried hard to leave seeds of light

With brand new sparks

In every heart that I found enshrouded

In the discouragement of the dark.©

********

 

No comments:

Post a Comment