Tuesday, April 14, 2020

The Valley Wide

 

I awoke this morning and gave thanks for another day

I thought about life from my Momma's viewpoint

And wondered what she would have to say

About the present condition of our land

And I can hear her say, "Baby, you just keep

Holding on to GOD's unchanging hand

And I promise you that at the end of the day

You will be able to stand, still."

That was my Momma's way of saying:

"Keep the faith, child, 'cause GOD will."

So, I find myself in the midst of the valley wide

But, I remember the teaching of my Momma and

How GOD took care of me, sheltered me and

Gave me favor when, as a little girl, I cried.

And though I do not understand life's course

I know enough to maintain my faith in

And keep my grip on my POWER SOURCE

Because one of these days, skirmishes will be over

And I will walk in the sun-washed meadow

With my feet nestled in clover

Because HE will have brought me through the valley wide

And allowed me to walk in victory on the other side.©

(Based on Psalm 129:1-2.)

*******

No comments:

Post a Comment