Saturday, May 16, 2020

Myrtle Tree and Me



Well, well, well

Have you ever said

Those words to yourself

Or umph, umph, umph

Ever said that one before

Well, I can tell

You that I have said

Them often enough

To have been reminded

Of having heard my Momma

Use the same

Right before she, in GOD's name

Uttered, "Have mercy

LORD, on me."

And Yes, being my Momma's child

I have learned to face

My disappointments and hurt with a smile

While making my way homeward

Mile after questioning mile.

But, when I walked up the path in Isaiah 55

This morning, I was reminded that

I belong to the great, "I AM."

And I know that nothing and nobody

Can fulfill my joy as HE can

And I know that HE will make a way for me

In spite of any calamity.

So, I just say to myself

"Hold on, Alma, and you will see

The salvation and favor from GOD

That your Momma told you about

And that you, yourself, have seen

More than once, get worked out

For Isaiah said that in GOD's time

GOD will give you joy and peace

And you can rejoice along with

The mountains, hills, and trees

And plant a myrtle bush in jubilation

In honor of your release

To say, "Thank YOU" to your ROCK

The GOD of all creation!©

(Based on Isaiah 55:12-13.)

********

 

No comments:

Post a Comment