Sunday, May 17, 2020

Just Right for GOD

 


"What's hard for you is just right for GOD." I got this title from a favorite song of mine when this phrase cemented itself in my mind. And so a blog post poem was born from it. I hope it blesses your spirit as writing it did mine.

GOD sent me to this earth

To my Momma, who was with me

Since my birth

So, when she left me

I was as bereft as I could be

And I found it hard to deal

With the stark, cold reality

Of her being gone

Until her teaching kicked in and I

Realized that I was not and

Never had been alone.

You see, I realized that before

I came to this earth

There was GOD making plans

Before my birth

And I realized that before I

Was my Momma's child

I belonged to the GOD of all creation

And that, Y'all, gave me back my smile.

You see, when my Momma left

All that I saw and felt

Was colored in a misty blue

And I felt that I had done

All in this world, I could do.

My zeal for my work was gone

And motherless child, that I was

I felt all alone.

And yes, my enemies and some

Haters that I did not even know I had

Circled for what they thought was the kill

Only for both them and me to receive a shock

That my life was programmed

According to GOD's clock

And that by GOD and for GOD I had

Been being groomed all along-

He just let me know and my enemies, too

That I was ready now to do

The full extent of the work

That I had been born to do.

And I, just like a toddler, who had been

Forced to let go of her Momma's hand

Began to walk, talk, and do things

That I thought I never would again.

But I found out that the path

That I thought was too hard is the

Path that, long ago, was ordained that I trod

And now, I do all that I was meant to do

Under the benevolent auspices of a loving GOD

And I don't worry much about what

Men might say or do

I just keep my head up with a newborn fierceness

That tells the world that I am my Momma's

Daughter sent to this world to do a job

That was only hard enough to let me know

That, newly released toddler, though I may be

I have a FATHER WHO says, "Before you

Were your Momma's child, you were mine

So you belong to me

I AM GOD, YOUR ASSURANCE AND HELPER DIVINE

And never forget that

YOU ARE MINE

SO, SHINE, MY CHILD, SHINE!"©

 

"MY strength is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:8-10)

We will begin our walk in Isaiah again tomorrow morning if GOD wills. Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment