Tuesday, June 30, 2020

And GOD Said, "So, I Will Be..."

[caption id="attachment_2638" align="alignleft" width="300"] My FATHER's Adopted Child[/caption]

Yesterday, we ended pretty much with Joshua feeling afraid and overwhelmed because he had to take over the job that Moses used to do. Have you ever felt like we left Joshua feeling yesterday; you know, like you could not do the hard job that had been handed to you to do?  I have been in such circumstances and I fairly ran from the task, and vehemently vowed that I did not want the job! That happened to me on more than one occasion.

But, let me tell you something. No matter how hard you run away from something, if GOD has determined that you will do a thing, you will do it. You might have to have a few "Jonah in the belly of the whale days," but you will do the job.

Allow me to give you a brief case-in-point. When my husband first became a preacher, I fought the idea, tooth, and nail. I remember saying, "He was not a preacher when I married him and if he had been I wouldn't have married him. It's just that simple." Ha! Ha! How young, foolish, and innocent about life I was. But, when life got through with me, I went along with him and threw myself into the job, calling on GOD the whole time and reminding HIM that I had not wanted to do the job and reminding HIM all the while that I was now willing, but that I didn't know how to do the job. I asked HIM to be with me, order my steps, and guide my heart and my tongue. And, just like HE was with Joshua, HE has been with me all of these years.

When you have been a preacher's wife for as long as I have, you get pretty much used to the vagaries of life. My walk with the LORD has taught me that GOD will be with you if you are HIS child. HE will give you the know-how to find out how to do whatever it is that comes to your hand to do. I learned a long time ago to give it all over to GOD and then step on. Why was I so resolute in stepping on? That is an easy question. I told you earlier that I had spent some time in the whale's belly like Jonah, and I never want to have to do that again. So, if GOD gives little Alma a job, it is going to be done prayerfully to the best of my ability! Case closed!

And Wouldn't You Know It


Just when you think you have gotten everything together as far this living down here thing is concerned, up crops a pandemic by the name of Covid-19. And this thing seemed for a while, because it was so new, to be able to stay ahead of the doctors and scientists. That pandemic got the world's attention, didn't it? Uhm, hmm, but as I take a good look at it, I realize that this pandemic has caused hatred to lessen considerably, caused men to reach for GOD with alacrity, caused church attendance to grow by leaps and bounds, etc.

But


I have learned that if the LORD says, "As I was with the children of Israel, so I will be with you," HE tells us that because HE has adopted us as HIS sons and daughters (HIS children), spiritual Israel. So, when I read about the love that GOD has for Israel, I rejoice because I know that HE has that possessive, jealous, loving, and protective love for me, too! My heart swells with the knowledge of HIS love and not, Covid-19, racism, envy, or whatever problems may crop up can tear me out of HIS arms.

What those problems do, is remind me WHO I am serving and make me feel pity for the ones who may be causing some of my trouble because I know that "belly-of-the-whale-time" is coming for somebody, and it's not going to be me. Been there, done that, and learned my lesson well enough that it will last me the rest of my life!

So, when life turns up the heat, I remind GOD and myself that I am in HIS hands, and I step on like the little soldier that HE trained in the belly of the whale so many years ago. Now, you might be thinking, "You don't have to remind GOD that you are HIS child," and you are right, but by doing that, I am telling HIM that another present situation(s) is frightening to me. I am telling HIM, "I will continue the work that YOU have set out for me to do, but please make my enemies be at peace with me, and/or move the kinks out of my particular situation(s)."

Yes, Y'all, that is another way of saying to HIM, "FATHER, this is too big for me! I am in trouble because I was working so hard for you, and now, I am scared. Uh oh! I am on the run, LORD, and am diving for YOUR pinions, so please watch my back because I am flat out running for all I am worth! And uh, LORD, I will be shaking and shaken when I get to YOU...

Wrap-Up


Remember the congregation that I told you that I was afraid to go to with my husband, well, we stayed there for over 26 years, not by our doing but GOD's. We stayed until it was time for us to go. And GOD carried us all of the way. I gave you a snippet out of my life to bring home to you the fact that if you are GOD's child, not to worry about the Covid-19 pandemic whose numbers are on the rise in some states. Don't worry about that, nor anything else. Here is what you do:

  • Just get as close to GOD as you can, keep praying, and trusting in HIS knowledge of you and HIS attention to detail about you (hairs on your head are numbered, remember...)

  • Go back and read the life of Joseph, Moses, and Joshua among many others.


And you, my friend, will find yourself smiling behind your Covid-19 mask and humming a tune. Why..., because you are one of the details that GOD cares about. Have you ever thought about the fact that your FATHER, GOD controls

  1. Earthquakes

  2. Tsunamis

  3. Volcanoes

  4. Hail

  5. The fountains of the deep and too much other to mention

  6. And HE is your FRIEND...your FATHER?


So what do you have to worry about? Nothing, because HE, WHO, has all of that power is your FRIEND!

Blessed to awake to the dawn of a new day


And I just don't know what this day may bring


But, I have learned that as long as


YOU hold my hand


That I don't have to worry about anything.


But, YOU know what, FATHER,


I trust YOU and YOUR plans for me


Because YOU have carried me all of these years


And I trust you to navigate the circumstances


Of my life, to get me home to YOU for eternity.©


********


 

So, you, fellowman, repay GOD for HIS love, and friendship to you by stepping on, brave soldier, in HIS name. And remember, HE sees, HE knows, and HE cares about you. Be safe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment