Saturday, June 27, 2020

Days of Wrestling

[caption id="attachment_4153" align="alignleft" width="300"] But, until that time, I will love others like myself and wear my mask. It's just that simple.[/caption]

 

 

 

 

 

When my days of wrestling


With the likes of Covid-19 and whatever else


Have been deemed enough


And the chariot of GOD


Says to me, "We have come for you,"


With wonder, I'm sure


I'll take that appointed ride


And we will soar toward the glory of the other side


And I, with everlasting joy


Will, with my FATHER, get to reside.



That's the way I imagine it will be


When I've said my last goodbye to


My loved ones and the rest of you.



And I ask you not to weep for me


But, instead, say a nice word


To my family that I will have left behind


In short, instead of tears for me


Celebrate my homegoing by being kind.



And I will keep a periodic lookout


From heaven's mighty door


When I hear the heralds proclaim


New arrivals to Heaven's shore


For, I hope to see you again


And I will, if you continue to live


According to HIS name.©


********


 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment