Friday, June 26, 2020

Somebody Said (Finale)



So, your blessings in the pandemic...

  • You have been forced to pull GOD from the fringes of your mind and put HIM front and center, haven't you? Uhm hmm.

  • You have been praying a lot more, now, haven't you? Uhm hmm. How do I know, easy, I have been praying more, too.

  • With so many deaths, you have been trying to make sure that your soul is ready. In other words, some of the things that you, perhaps had been doing that you knew went against the laws of GOD (those things that you heard the preacher preach against or that you learned in Bible school as a child)

  • You have had to take time and deal with your children more, especially when they asked what the pandemic is and where it came from... And you have realized that, though life might be tough right now, if something were to happen to you, it would go hard for them in this mean old world. And you petition GOD for long life so that you can see them raised and successful.


Yes, the pandemic has brought you closer to the LORD, hasn't it? Even if you did not know the LORD, you started to seek HIM, didn't you? Yeah, I know you did. And since the pandemic drove you closer to GOD, both you and your children will think about HIM more than ever. My, my, my, think about it. That child that GOD blessed you with...you have instilled a curiosity in him or a stronger need to understand. That is what you have done with that little person that GOD gave you to train. Wow!

When you look at Deuteronomy 11, you will notice verses 13 and 21. But before we deal with them, I want you to read verses 26, 27, and 28 below:

Deuteronomy 11:26, 27, 28 New American Standard Bible (NASB)


 

26 “See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse:


27 the blessing, if you listen to the commandments of the Lord your God, which I am commanding you today;


28 and the curse, if you do not listen to the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside from the way which I am commanding you today, by following other gods which you have not known.



And now you know... You might be thinking, "Know what?" You now know that the way you live will cause you to be blessed or not. If you want those tailor-made blessings crafted just for you, then you must live your life in a way that gets GOD's attention. "Say what?!" somebody just thought. Well, it's like this, you already know that GOD pays attention to details (even numbering hairs on your head). So, if you, HIS creation, start thinking about HIM more and talking about HIM more, don't you know that the GOD whose eyes rove to and fro over the earth, knows of your new desire and penchant to get closer to HIM? Of course, HE does (thoughts and intents of the heart), and HE welcomes you under HIS pinions (wings).

The Bible says that GOD knows those whose hearts are HIS. And as such, HE will do for you as verses 26, 27, and 28 say in the positive way (bless). However, if you do the opposite of placing HIM front and center in your heart and soul, then HE will allow trouble, heartache, and misery to take up a permanent place in your life. It's all there in verses 26-28.

Now I want to leave you pondering on three more verses from Chapter 11. Read below:

 

Deuteronomy 11:13, 14 and 21 New American Standard Bible (NASB)


13 “It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the Lord your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul,

14 that [i]He will give the rain for your land in its season, the [j]early and [k]late rain, that you may gather in your grain and your new wine and your oil.

21 so that your days and the days of your sons may be multiplied on the land which the Lord swore to your fathers to give them, as [q]long as the heavens remain above the earth.

I take that passage to mean that HE will bless your family now and in generations to come with HIS favor, as long as they remain faithful to HIM. Wow! Isn't that amazing?! This old pandemic, or rather, your reactions to it can cause your family to be blessed for generations to come. Did you hear me? That means that your family can be blessed for several lifetimes because of something that you started and continued with your children. Umph, umph, umph, dead and gone and still blessing your babies and their babies and their babies' babies...

You see, I told you that you would get a blessing from this blog today. What a blessing the fruit I picked out turned out to be for both you and me.

Driving My Point Home


I get goosebumps just thinking that the teaching that my Momma gave me caused me to be blessed, my family to be blessed, and you and yours, too. Now, I am wondering again. You see, my Momma told me before she dies that I would become a successful writer. Well, I'm wondering how much she knew. I mean, did she have any inkling about the inspirational writing that would become my forte, and did she know about Covid-19, and, and, and...

 

YOU guided me past being incredulous


To seeing what was magnificent and true


YOU guided me LORD GOD


Until I could, with awe and wonder


See YOU!©


********


 

One last thing to you, that baby of yours might be destined to walk in a mighty way for the LORD GOD, so train him/her well because it might be one of your children one day who will be the somebody that said:

 

HE is awesome, HE is magnificent


HE is worthy to be praised


And I'm going to talk about HIM


For the rest of my days.©


********


 

I know that I gave you some powerful things to think about, but just remember the healing and encouraging things that I write are not me, but the glory of GOD shining through me. Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

Note - I heard on the news about a dust storm, the like of which has not been for over 50 years. This dust storm started in Africa in the Sahara Desert and has already crossed the Atlantic Ocean to reach the Caribbean and us, too. And yeah, you know me, I'm already in the grips of wondering. I'll let you know what I think in our next blogging session, so come on back and step with me as we continue our walk of faith in our GOD. See you next time, if it is the LORD's will.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment