Sunday, July 5, 2020

Carries Me

'The love of GOD carries me." That is what keeps me going day by day. That is the reason that I am going to worship again today, meaning that HIS love keeps my cares at bay and drives my concerns away. I hope that these poems are a blessing to you today.

 

In this Life


In this life, I have learned


That the love and protection of


GOD is not to be spurned


As I have seen enemies routed


And others broken down


Because they refused to believe


That the lovingkindness of GOD toward


HIS children is just and sound.


 

Would that the world would learn


That whether a single chick or


A horde, doing the work of GOD, be found


Belief in HIS protective hedge


Among Christians, will always be found


And faith in HIS plans for their lives


As a loving FATHER, also abounds.



As I have said before, I have seen


The enemies of Christians be in dismay


With their plans fouled and in disarray


When GOD shows HIS and


Lets them know, that HIS eyes are


Trained on them and HE is sending a


Warning frown which means, "Stay


Away from MY children and not


Another warning is coming your way."



And the child of GOD closes his eyes


And sings, "Thank YOU, FATHER and


As always, my life is in YOUR hands


To do with according to YOUR plans."©


********


 

Long Hot Summer


A long hot summer looms ahead


And I wonder how many more


Will be numbered with the dead


From Covid-19 or from pure hatred


For the fire of hatred has been fanned


And now its flames threaten to


Run unchecked across the land.



How often a little fire grows


Beyond the purpose of the igniter


To threaten the lives of loved ones and foes


And cannot be extinguished by


Any human firefighters


How many? Only GOD knows.



And having said that, all of us


Need to focus, not on petty likes and dislikes


Whether great or small


But, on prayer to Almighty GOD


WHO can save us all


But as I finish this post, I must say


That the love of GOD carries me


No matter what comes my way.©


********


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment