Sunday, August 9, 2020

Life



Life has been likened to many things. There is one song that likens it to "A mountain railway with an ENGINEER that's bold..." For my take on life, I likened it to a river, as you can see from the poem below.

River of Life


The river of life keeps


 Flowing along,


Through good times, bad times,


 Through right and wrong.


 

I don’t understand all of


 Life’s ups and downs,


I just keep plodding on,


 In hopes of a crown.


 

I’ve shed some tears,


 Endured some pain,


Had time in the sunshine


 And time in the rain.


 

I smile when I can and


 Cry when I must,


But in the GOD of Heaven,


 I put all of my trust.


 

So when my earthly sojourn


 Comes to an end,


And the river of life flows


 Around that final bend;


I pray sweet guidance to


 My eternal home above,


Where I can rest from my labor


 In peace, joy, and love. ©


                   (DEI Sub Numine Viget, 2013)


********


In my mind, a river is much like life, ever moving on. Sometimes it is turbulent; at other times, it is tranquil, but even when it looks like it is still, it is steadily moving toward its end.

Just a quiet reflection this morning... Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment