Saturday, August 8, 2020

If You Know HE Is

If you know that the LORD is mindful of you and that HE walks beside you, you can stand the test of the storm and still walk on because you know that HE will make all things work together for good. And too, you know what the ultimate good is, that will come from your faithful service to HIM.

I am grateful for the promise that if I live according to what He has had recorded in the Bible, I get to go back home to that paradise that we would have still been in if sin had not separated us from Him.  You see, when He made man, God placed him in a special place. He was placed in a jewel of a place. A garden with trees that bore all types of products. All we had to do was obey the rules that He had set forth for His garden. That' all!

But, then sin entered the picture.  But get this. His love for man was so great that He took man out of the garden and set up flaming swords to guard the way (Genesis 3:24, KJV), to keep man from getting into harm's way again. I think this is like a momma putting her child in a playpen to keep him or her safe while she prepares dinner. 

Eden is real, Y'all, and I am grateful that if I live according to His will, I get to go to a placed prepared for me. It will be a place where I will not worry about the cares of this old world because all of that will be over with. Just think a place so wonderful that "It has not entered into my heart, the joys that He has prepared for me because I love Him!" (1 Cor. 2:9, KJV)  Yes, I am grateful for His promise of a home with Him forever! I'm going home one day, Y'all.

 

And because I know that I will get to go back home to HIM one day, I can say to any contrary wind that blows, "You may huff and puff and blow my earthly house down, but I have a FATHER WHO holds this whole world in HIS hands. And guess what? HE loves me! And when you blow enough to make me bleat like the sheep that I am, I have a mighty SHEPHERD WHO can speak and make my world right again. HE can say, "Peace," as HE has been known to do, and every contrary thing skitters on back to wherever it came from. And what do I do? I give HIM praise and thanksgiving while I tell the world WHO walks beside me!

Bottom Line


Since I know that the MOST POWERFUL FORCE IN THE COSMOS


Loves and tends after me, to the utmost


I get nourishment for my faith as my body


Builds endorphins because of me singing my song


While stepping on.©


********


 

Another sweet thought to ponder - You know how a caring parent watches the baby who is just learning to walk after HE has just had a fall that has produced tears, that is the way and more that GOD watches us after we have had a particularly nasty skirmish with circumstance. Did you hear me? Yes, and HE knows that I, like the toddler that has had a fall, will be reaching for all that I am worth toward HIS wings and safety. And Y'all know how we do, just like the baby who has learned that all he has to do is whimper and shed tears to get into the safety of his parent's arms, we reach with tears for the shelter of The ARMS that walk beside us because we have learned that GOD will!

So, "Covid! Oh, Covid-19! I told GOD on YOU


And now you watch and see what


The Stirred Up SHEPHERD can do!"©


********


 

Y'all, be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment