Thursday, August 27, 2020

The Work That You See Me Do

The work that you see me do


Is not done, in and of myself


But by the GOD of Heaven WHO


Has provided all manner of help.



HE kept my spirits up when


It seemed that my work was


The envy and target of men


Yes, this penchant for writing that drives me so


Is the way that my FATHER would have me go


So I bid you not to hate me


For my work's sake


For, this is the only road


That GOD would have me take


In order to keep my fellowman


From being discouraged and down


And wearing a perpetual frown


Yes, folk, the job has been given to me


To help keep my fellow man encouraged


On their trek to meet eternity.



And though I meet with disappointment and hate


I do the work that has been given me of late


And make no mistake about it


I will continue to do my job


Because I want no errors on my plate


As I follow JESUS's footsteps to Heaven’s gate.


 

And, for the record, I don't know what


Else the LORD would have me do


Before I leave this place of my sojourn


But, make no mistake about it


I'll be caught doing that, too


For I follow where JESUS leads me


And I trust HIM to keep me safe


On my trek to Glory.©


********


Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment