Friday, August 28, 2020

Moved the Mountain and Made It Mine

 

FATHER, YOU have lifted me past the level


That men thought I should go


And I just want to say, "Thank YOU to the utmost.


FATHER, for YOUR wondrous works and awe-inspiring deeds


I thank YOU, for you moved the mountain and brought it to me


So that I could climb it, I thank YOU


And though I may find a crevice or two


On this mountain, I’ve been presented to climb


That make me wail and want to stop


I will remember that the mountain was brought to me


And I will climb it until I reach the top


With the help of DEITY, YOU, my FATHER


As I remember that I am assured of victory.©


********


Different Poem - Same Sentiment (Sequel to Moved the Mountain and Made It Mine)


When I am tempted to give up on my quest


I remember that I have been given a job that


Could have been allocated to the best


But, instead was handed to little ole me


And I intend to work hard because of HIS


Faithful lovingkindness to me, thus, my posterity.©


********


 

Poem Three of the Set (Sequel to Moved the Mountain and Made It Mine)


I am yet climbing my mountain


That, by now, seems little more than a hill


And I have almost reached the top


What say you, fellowman


Are you striving to do HIS bidding, still?©


********


Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment