Monday, September 14, 2020

Blessed for HIS Name's Sake, Even I

I told you that we would we finish the topic of the last two days under the subject of Blessed for HIS Name's Sake, Even I.) And so we shall.

I told you yesterday that I think about the law of reaping what you sow... 

And from now on, since I know that I am a part of spiritual Israel, I will rest a bit easier within myself, despite myself. I know; I know; it seems as if I am talking in riddles, but I am not. Let me explain by giving you some scriptures as reference points. Then we will get into the meat of our blog for today. The scriptures that I want to call to your attention are all found in Ezekiel. They are:
Ezekiel 36:20-22 & 32

20"When they came to the nations where they went, they profaned MY holy name because it was said of them, 'These are the people of the Lord; yet they have come out of HIS land.'

21"But I had concern for My holy name which the house of Israel had profaned among the nations where they went.

22'Therefore say to the house of Israel, 'Thus says the LORD GOD, "It is not for your sake, O house of Israel, but I am about to act, but for MY holy name, Which you have profaned among the nations where you went.

32I am not doing this for your sake, declares the LORD GOD, let it be known to you.

 

 

Chapter 37, Verse 11
Then He said to me son of man these bones are the whole house of Israel; behold, they say, 'Our bones are dried up, and our hope has perished. We are completely cut off.'

You see, GOD knew that Israel felt so unworthy and that they were so downtrodden that they felt that they would never be whole again. Stick a pin here folks! For those that have ever felt that you were not worthy to serve GOD any longer because of this sin, that sin, etc. The scripture above, as well as Matthew 19:26, lets you know that with GOD all things are possible.

If you read the entire chapter of Ezekiel 37, you will get to hear, in your mind's eye, the bones rattle as each bone connects to its bone. And what I like about this bone scenario so much is that the finger bone did not try to connect to the shoulder bone, etc. We know this because each bone connected to its bone!

I like this passage in Ezekiel because it says to me that no matter the sin I commit, if I ask forgiveness and show Godly sorrow, GOD will forgive me and gather me back again for HIS name's sake, not necessarily because of anything that I did, but for HIS name's sake. Because I have let the world know that I am living for HIM, that I am HIS child, and that I represent HIM in the things that I do or don’t do, GOD forgives me if I ask. Why? Yep, you got it; let's all say it together, "For HIS name's sake!" All I have to do is work earnestly to try to do HIS will and keep the faith.

And that gives me hope folks for my life and all of our lives. We learned in yesterday‘s lesson that HE wants to forgive us, so, forgiveness in the name of Jesus is already waiting for us when we ask and show fruits of repentance as we travel down this road of life.

Don't you just feel the exuberant gratitude just like Israel felt when Ezekiel proclaimed the word of GOD to them? That's why I said earlier, "As long as you are breathing and in your right mind, you can always get forgiveness for your sins, always."

 

Just Like Job


These verses are representative of living the good life again. We know that Job, unlike Israel, had committed no sin that caused his downfall. But I still chose to use the change in Job's life toward the end to compare to the change in Israel‘s status, when the Lord God forgave them for their egregious sins. You can see how HE gathered Israel back together under HIS wing. And HE remembered the sin no more, not Israel's and not ours. Do you see the outpouring of love that HE is showing, because of HIS name? Such tenderness, such love...

Praise and bless HIS holy name! I am so glad that I am HIS child and I know that you are, too!

Ezekiel 36 verse 11
'And I will multiply on you man and beast and they will increase and be fruitful; and I will call you to be inhabited as you were formerly and will treat you better than at the first. That you will know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel, Chapter 39, Verses 25-29
Therefore that says the LORD GOD, now I shall restore the fortunes of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I shall be jealous for My holy name.

26And they shall forget their disgrace and all their treachery which they perpetrated against me, when they live securely on their own land with no one to make them afraid

27When I bring them back from the peoples and gather them from the lands of their enemies, then I shall be sanctified through them in the sight of the many nations.

28Then they will know that I am the LORD their GOD because I made them go into exile among the nations, and then gathered them again to their own land; and I will leave none of them there any longer.

29And I will not hide My face from them any longer, but I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel, declares the Lord God.

Israel no longer had to feel hopeless, for GOD had forgiven all. How blessed they were/are and how blessed we are.

And That's Why


And that is why you will see me smile sometimes when it seems that I should have nothing to smile about. And to that sentiment I say,

 

I Smile


"Oh, but I do


GOD loves me and you, too


And HE forgives us


In all that we do


That might be contrary


To HIS will


Because for HIS name's sake


HE forgives us through


JESUS, still."©


********


Be safe.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment