Friday, October 16, 2020

Dubbed Weak

There have been times in life


When I have been dubbed "Weak,"


Because I did not retaliate for


Cruel words hurled at me


Make no mistake about it,


They reached their target


And made their mark


But I have to live with me


For, most important of all,


I am striving to please my FATHER,


The GOD of eternity.




There have been times in life


When I have been dubbed "Weak,"


Because I did not retaliate for other


Acts of cruelty done to me


But when I look in the mirror


I like the Christian that I see


And most important of all, I know


That I am loved by The TRINITY


And that one day, comeuppance


The antagonist will see


Because, “Vengeance is mine,” are


The words that my FATHER said to me


And so, with the SPIRIT as company


I step on down the road


Toward eternal sublimity.©
********


Be safe.

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment