Monday, October 19, 2020

Mountain in My Path

On my way home, a mountain grew up in my path,


And it was too long to go around


So I said, "Mountain, move outta my way,"


But the mountain stayed where it was


Because my faith was not up to the task


But ever mindful of my FATHER


I turned to HIM and asked,


“Make my feet like hinds feet


And this mountain, for YOU, I will climb


And shout your deliverance for the world to hear


As I scale this mountain with resolve


Knowing that any potholes or valleys thereon


Or any other problems I encounter, YOU will solve.”


So, I have two songs for singing,


As this unexpected mountain, I climb


'Climbing Higher Mountains on My Way Home,'


For going up and for going down


My victor's song's words are, 'GOD Gave Me A Mountain'


And the mountain is mine and I’m


Making my way down the other side


With a GOD blessed, nimble-footed hind’s stride;


Because I know what YOU have done,


I know what YOU can do


So, I’m counting on YOU, FATHER to


Lead me safely through


And I am stepping, on my way


To that appointed time and place


That will see me ferried home to Heaven


Where I can live in bliss with YOU.'


But in the meantime, when I get to


The bottom of this ole mountain


I'm gonna look back at it, wag my head


Put my hands on my hips and say


'You ole mountain, you weren't so tough


Because my FATHER made me strong enough


To skip down your side, despite the skinned knees


And teary eyes that I got from climbing


Up your other side!'"


And then with a victorious smile, I'll step on


Thinking that I have the last laugh because


I get to sing, "The Victor's Song!"©


No comments:

Post a Comment