Wednesday, December 16, 2020

A Legacy of Bible Reading and Prayer

I want to say good morning to everyone. I have a couple of things that I want to pass along to you.

A Time of Cheer


This time of the year is supposed to be a time of cheer


But that cheer is hard for some people to find


Because  COVID-19 and fighting lingers near


So I have written this poem for you, to say


Find the joy in the season, come what may


And never forget that GOD is GOD


At the end of the day.©


 

A Legacy of Bible Reading and Prayer


My Momma built me a legacy


In that, she taught me to read my Bible and pray


Because she knew that JESUS would


Take care of me when she


Had to go away.


Armed with that legacy I continue


To travel on from day by day


Pulling on GOD via the power of prayer


To walk me through whatever might be there


Or whatever might come my way.


When COVID-19 came on the scene


I talked to GOD about it


And went on to do HIS work and


At night to sleep the sleep of peace


Because I knew that whatever


The night might bring


GOD  had(s) HIS angels walking the land


And that come what may,


My FATHER is in charge of everything.


So, even if some unprecedented evil


Where to be unleashed upon the land


I won’t worry overmuch,


I’ll just turn to GOD in prayer


Because I know that HE, the CREATOR,


Has the upper hand.


Yep, my Momma left me a legacy


That stands me in good stead


She left me Bible reading and prayer


Through which my soul,


By day and by night, is fed.©️


 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment