Saturday, December 5, 2020

Living and Learning

When I read 1 Corinthians 10:1, I feel good. I feel the same way when I read Romans 15:4. Do you know why? To me, it is like a Momma that keeps telling her baby that the stove is hot until he learns that it will hurt him. That is Momma's love. And both of the verses mentioned above reassure me of GOD's love in a similar manner. How? Well, HE reassures me that HE loves me by letting me know that there are consequences for actions taken.  HE tells me about some people who did not obey HIM back in Biblical days and HE tells me the consequences they suffered because of their disobedience. HE tells me about the consequences because HE loves me, and wants to warn me. HE wants to protect me just like a Momma does her child that’s growing up in the world and doesn’t know very much about it.

Yep, it's like a family thing. You know how your Momma or your daddy would always use circumstances or close calls that cropped up in other folk's lives to sit you down and explain what happened and why, all the time telling you not to make a mistake like that? Well, that is what GOD is doing. HE is telling us how to walk as Christians by reminding us.

And scriptures such as 1 John 5:13 serve to keep hope within us concerning the eternal blessing that our loving FATHER has waiting for us.

Be blessed and remember that we have a reward if we faint not.

 

Walking by faith,

Alma L. Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment