Thursday, December 10, 2020

Take Heart



Good morning. I hope you’re having the beginning of a nice morning. And I hope you are managing to thrive in the general requisites of life despite the pandemic and it cares.

I took a refreshing walk through chapters 4 & 5 of 2 Corinthians this morning, and let me tell Y’all, I needed it! Boy, did I ever! Whew!
If you have a few minutes, I will share what happened that made me need that refreshing walk through Corinthians.

Let me pose a question to you. What good thing does being special and COVID-19 have in common? Absolutely nothing, I can tell you that! Yet, I found myself in a quandary because of the above-stated circumstance.
You see, COVID-19 has orchestrated our lives so that my daughter's (who is special) day program be suspended. Her counseling sessions have been suspended as well. Wait a minute; let me amend that. She does have counseling sessions by phone once a month. At any rate, we have been basically in the house since March.

Well, yesterday, Mount Vesuvius erupted in our home! Folks, she got upset over an issue with my husband, and neither he nor I realized it. Now, mind you, we have been walking on eggs around her for months. (You know that I have told you before about how certain words are triggers for her behavior episodes.) Well, she got turned sideways within herself about a comment my husband had made, and oh, LORD, have mercy! When that man went to work, I caught it!

This was one of her rarer tantrums, and it was all I could do to stop it! Whew! She was in rare form. I tried everything I knew to stop that tantrum, but it seemed the more I tried, the more it escalated. I tell you, folks, I was in for it!

I won’t tell you all I had to go through to try to calm things down, but by the time it was over, I was the one in a jerk.
Now y’all know that I am a praying person, well, let me tell you, I did some praying yesterday! I mean more than normal. Mercy me!

After it was over, I managed to keep it together after calling my husband and texting my son, not so they could help me, but just because I needed an outlet. Well, when my husband came home from work, and after everybody was fed, I took myself to my bed, covered my head, and slept the sleep of the exhausted! Folks, I was worn out.

So, those of you that are trapped in the house with your children who are just run-of-the-mill children, be thankful! Or as I always say, if you think you have problems, just take a look down the road. And on that note, I'm pretty sure that there are people who are dealing with worse situations than I am, and I just want to pause here and say, "You are in my prayers for whatever situation that you are in that makes you think that your life's walk is  just too hard."

Now


Now that I told you a little bit about my day yesterday, you know how I felt this morning when I read 2 Corinthians, because I was still in a work and a jerk. You know, still just not happy about the entire situation yesterday. I was feeling a little like, "Why me?" Y'all know how we play that pity game sometimes, "Why me; I’ve been handling this for so long; oh woe is me, etc."

Help Was on the Way

Uhm, hmm, so when I read that scripture that said, "To not lose heart...," (2 Corinthians 4:1 & 16) it was like that scripture was talking directly to me. And then when I read verses 8, 9, and 17 of that same chapter, I was ready to carry on with the task that I thought was too hard for me, the task that I thought I had been doing too long, etc. But now, I know that GOD, in HIS infinite wisdom, had looked down through the annals of time and seen my dilemma before I was even born because HE had the scriptures recorded way back in Biblical times to soothe my weary soul today.

You see, I realize that the message of GOD's love for us is bigger than any problem that I might have. I realize that it is my task to do, and I am going to get it done. That's not to say that I won't get weary from time to time, but it is to say that I won't stay weary because my FATHER has built nourishment in for me when I get tired. And I know that I am working for a crown incorruptible.

So


I step on for GOD with my


Special daughter in tow


Because I realize that


Whatever help I need


On this journey below


Has already been provided-


In fact, a long time ago!


 

So, I won't lose heart


After all I am a soldier,


Don't you know?


*******


Scriptures Used Are Listed Below:











Therefore, since we have this ministry, as we received mercy, we do not lose heart,


But we have this treasure in earthen containers, so that the extraordinary greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;

we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing;

persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed;

16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer person is decaying, yet our inner person is being renewed day by day.

17 For our momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,




 

Walking by Faith,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

 

No comments:

Post a Comment