Saturday, November 20, 2021

How Did I Make It?

 Luther Barnes put into a song a sentiment that I have used to carry me all these years.

The title of the song is “GOD’s Grace”. The first  couple of lines of the song say,

How did I make it, all these years

How did I make it this far?” 

 The song gives praise and thanks to GOD for HIS amazing grace and those are my sentiments exactly! For I know what it is to be in want as a child when compared to the material goods of others. I know what it is to be lifted higher than anybody thought I could go! And I know that the heights I’ve reached, though to some may seem small, are but by the grace of God. And it is where HE deemed I should be.

You see, after my Momma and daddy separated, I became to the world, “a fatherless one.” So, I learned to live with the ridicule that comes with living with few material goods and laboring under the “You ain’t got no daddy slogan.” I learned when other kids had a tiff with some child or another and they wailed out, “I’m gonna tell my daddy,” and they went running off to tell him, that I didn’t have the luxury of having a daddy at home who I could go running to like that.

But, you know what folks, I learned that GOD loved me and I learned to tell HIM all of my problems. If it worried me, I ran to tell GOD. I ran in my mind to HIM until I could get home by myself and let my tears flow as I emptied my heart to HIM. I learned that the fatherless are looked upon with extra tenderness by HIM. (Deuteronomy 10:18, Psalm 82:3, Hosea 14:3) I learned. I learned how to tell HIM, thank HIM, and praise HIM.


And I learned, as HE allowed me to be taught, how to share the knowledge of HIS love with others, the more the merrier, and hence my blog to you this morning and my numerous books that HE allowed (through HIS glory) me to pen.  Somebody might think, “You surely do brag a lot on God.” To that I say, you are right, yes I do. But if you never get tired of bragging on your earthly daddy, how much more  should I brag on the one who has carried me and you all these years and WHOSE power supersedes any man’s power?! 

How did Alma make it all these years? She made it by the grace of GOD and I stand on the top of the place where HE has put me and I yell to the world, “GOD’s Grace!” 





Be blessed today, y’all and read with a reassurance of faith from a fatherless one that HE has carried all these years! HE loves us all and will take care of us all...if we let HIM. 




No comments:

Post a Comment