Monday, November 20, 2017

Season of Anticipation

Temporal


It's the holiday season. Ah-h, the joy of it, no? We start as children thinking of the toys and trinkets that we will get on Christmas Day. But there is another holiday that comes about a month before then and that is Thanksgiving Day. That is a day that man has set aside for giving the Lord thanks for all of the blessings that He has given. We get together with family and friends and stuff ourselves with turkey, dressing, pie, cranberry sauce and many other fixings. And we enjoy it don't we? Uhm, hmm.

Eternal


We start as children thinking of the joys and blessings that we will get when we get to heaven. On that day all of the trouble and trials of this life will be wiped away. That is the day that the Lord has set aside for the rewards of living for Him during our temporal time. When we get there, we will know as we are known and enjoy the things that the Lord has prepared for us because we loved Him.

Poetry Application


I don't wait for a special day to thank God for His goodness to me


I do that with every day that I am blessed to see


And scholars say that they don't really know the day of Jesus' birth


So I celebrate His life every day with joy and mirth


Because on the day that He died, He told me of my worth to Him


He picked me up from the miry clay of sin and cleaned me


And polished me like I was a treasured gem



Oh, the joy of Christmas, yessiree


The ultimate gift from my God to me


Thanking Him for each moment that He


Has allowed a penitent sinner such as I to see


And thanking Him for the chance to


Tell of His love to all humanity.



Thanking my way all the way to glory


As I live for Jesus and tell my story


Living for the time that I get to stay


With my God through all eternity.



Ah, the joy of anticipation


It's gonna be great, don't you see


The untold joys that He has prepared


For you and for me.


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment