Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Art of Perseverance

Generational Teaching


I saw my Momma's faith


As I was growing up


I saw my Momma's tears


As she drank from the bitter cup.


I learned from watching her, the art of perseverance


And being resilient through my pain


I learned to love the Lord


And to His cause, true to remain.


1 Peter 4:13-16


*******


 

My son watched me bow on bended knee


And heard my words to God about my family


He heard me mention his name in my talks


With the Lord and he finally came to understand


And he learned to lean on Jesus when he became a man


And the molding of his own son was placed in his hands.


2 Timothy 1:5


Each day that we live, let us leave the next generation something to keep their faith strong. Yes, this next generation is going to need an extraordinary amount of faith and determination to make their calling and election sure.

Doing What I Can While I Can

Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment