Saturday, December 30, 2017

I'm Not Too Big!

A little kid wanted to ride the kiddie rides, but the operator deemed him too big for the kiddie rides. The little kid piped up with, "I'm not big, I'm little. I am only ___ years old! My daddy says that my legs grew off and left me." The operator laughingly said, "Okay, son, you can ride this time."

Another Way


The paragraph above uses "big" in reference to age/height. Another way that "big" can be used is in reference to status or social achievement. Rising up the social ladder can be a bit awkward, especially if the climb has been begun without the climber even being aware of it.

Here is an illustration of what is meant. When a person aspires to be a writer and pours his/her heart into the process, after years of stagnation, the climb can just take off. There are clues to let you know that this is happening if you take notice.

Instances Such As


When people start saying things like, "I have a very good friend, and he/she is an author," when referring to you, that is part of your slow climb. Whenever folk get upset with you for not having some of your books with you, that is another sign that things are escalating. Should you have a speaking engagement and folk stand in line to shake your hand, you have another sign. If people come up to you, and instead of saying, "Hello,"  say, "I don't mean no harm, but you need to hurry up and give us the second book to, "Whatever the Name of Your Book Happens to Be'. Oh, and how are you doing today?" Consider that another sign.

At times people will request you to do a particular thing in reference to speaking and tack on, "If you have time. I know that you are busy." At the end of the day, you are who you were meant to be. Stay humble and continue to do all that you can while you can and keep saying, "I am not too big."

Life Lesson


Always remember that you have the gifts that you have by His grace and you were meant to use them for His glory.

Never Too Big


Remain humble, though your travels


May take you far and wide


And always Keep the GOD of PEACE


Close to your side.


 

And always try to do whatever task


Of  you that might be asked


Because an account you will have to


Give of the talents given to you.


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,

Alma L. Stepping On Carr-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment